PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet roadshow code
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2002, 14:36
ojay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am an easyJet trainer and although not involved with recruitment I will give my advice. I will start by saying that in my previous airline anyone wearing jeans on a recurrent sim would have been told to go home-this was a management instruction.Despite the ongoing 'dumbing down' prevalent within the industry,exemplified by the low cost sector I feel that a commercial pilot should at least look the part,i.e. professional.This should manifest in a 'smart casual' appearance and within the easyJet recruitment process be highlighted by the absence of a tie.I feel it is in the companies interest to have us appear jean-clad and unshaven as of course we are all equal in our egalitarian world here(please refer to the management bonus issue.)

I witnessed the latest bunch of 'new entrants' at Luton recently and the majority were wearing jeans,frankly not impressed.Armani suits are not necessary but a smart appearance makes a good impression.I am fairly certain most of my colleagues feel as I do.Look professional,act professionally and who knows maybe we might be treated as such!