PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - taxman after Ryanair in Italy!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2012, 08:44
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My comments about lack of complaints by competitors was aimed mainly at easyjet and the EU legacy carriers. From UK ez must be the largest option to RYR. They swim in a similar pond, but ez has one hand tied behind its back as it operates, financially, more responsibly. I'm sure they would love to lower their cost base, but can't, al a RYR, because they pay their dues. We hear stories of even legacy carriers saying they have to introduce austerity measures to compete with RYR. The virus spreads far.
Regarding RYR pulling out of a base or EU country because it is obliged to pay its just dues doesn't wash. All EU countries will impose the same obligations, so where will they go? It will be a bluff. There will be no where to hide. We as individuals all have to pay our just contributions, so why not the employers? Let RYR go off shore if they wish, but don't preach the philosophy that they can subdue governments by fear. If that became obvious & public the consequences would be chaos at the least.
MOL boasts there wil be no strikes at RYR. It's not possible. He denounces the concept of a group of workers holding a company to ransom. A strike is the last resort a group has to show that it is deeply aggrieved. Hypocrisy rules. MOL is aggrieved that he can not subdue an airport into submission to agree to his draconian demands. He threatens to take his toys and go play elsewhere. He strikes (withdraws his labour) from that airport. He even threatens to do that to whole countries. Note his spat against German, UK, Dutch taxes, yet he, at will, imposes extra charges on his pax. Hypocrisy can survive for only so long.