PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2012, 08:37
JimNich

lazy fairweather PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, notwithstanding all the 'cup half empty' posts (thanks for those by the way, you guys should be in journalism), I did a quick troll on google for Digby. His expertise seems to lay in mergers and aquisitions, globally. He's spent years travelling the world bashing out deals, sometimes in the national interest and sometimes for individual companies. He's part troubleshooter, part nose gunner and part entrepreneur. I haven't come across a single article where his involvement hasn't been of some benefit. The projects he chooses always seem to be an offshoot of an exsisting tenure (either longstanding friends, communities he has an attachment to or subsiduaries of businesses he is already involved in). His involvement doesn't appear to be associated with doing a company's dirty work for them, in fact, he seems particularly outspoken agaisnt this sort of thing (I hope). He never hangs about for very long though.

How much time and energy he has to put in to Flybe is possibley a rather moot point. His job, I supect, will be to be on the end of a communication chain for our commmercial team. As we have all been told, repeatedly, in every single communique for upstairs, 'markets remain challenging' and Flybe have had the rug pulled out from under them a number of times recently. My feeling is this is a move to strengthen their negotiating position for future (or ongoing) deals.

Could all be a load of old tosh though of course.