PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euroland unions vs uk unions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 21:23
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the knockers, speak for yourselves. BALPA works for us. In my company, just over 90% of my colleagues are members and we trust our CC and the guidance of BALPA. As a result, we have reasonable T's & C's. It would be nice to have more, but even if we squeemed, and SHOUTED and were all of the place, we would still not end up with much more. And believe me, if we had to, we would take industrial action.

Maybe what is wrong in the complainers' companies is that their CC's are over represented by those on the top of the pile and hopelessly under-represented by those on the bottom - like we were a few years ago.

Nationally, all we we can do is complain and promote causes; not insist on implementation. Currently, no union has enough power to make government policy. Even the plonkers at Unite are finding it tough to strangle the country so I think it unfair to blame BALPA for P2F schemes. Instead, the CC's of the companies with these schemes should be held to account. I also hope BALPA do sweet FA for Mr Mugabe - why should they? And as for RYR membership, that is almost impossible. The pikey has legally manufactured a structure that prevents any legal industrial action.

Solution - Join and participate. And if you are not a member, keep quiet because its nothing to do with you.

PM