PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon Express - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 14th Dec 2002, 12:02
nosirrah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey perceval

With your kind of experience and time , you stand a very good chance of employment with us.Yes, you should get in touch with Mr.sanchez, our DO.
As for the promise of a job, as far as I know most guys who've been employed by FECA did take the risk of getting a type rating without the promise of a job , but if you talk to both the D.O and the chief pilot and you do well in an interview(if called), you should get the job.I know of very few guys who've done the type rating and still without the job , and mostly it's because of very low time or experience.
If I were in your shoes ,I'd get in touch with the company , even maybe a trip down here's a good idea to meet them in person, then go do the type rating and keep in touch until the call for an interview, it's a risk that I myself did take but it worked out fine...anyway, that's my own viewpoint.
Staying on the right seat depends on movement in the company ...there have been times when upgrade was under a year and slow times when upgrade can be two and a half years.....it all depends on the health of aviation as a whole and people moving on to jet jobs elsewhere.
Destinations we go to are all the major places in the arabian gulf like bahrain, doha, kuwait, jeddah and so on and few more destinations in the pipeline,I've heard...
CRM course is not a prerequisite in getting the job but I'd do one if it was convenient and not too expensive to get, it's always good one to write on the CV..
Well that's about it and best of luck in your job hunt ..hope this helps