PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 18:54
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
max at no point recently have I had a dig at N reg for either mait standards or pilot quality. There are just as many crap JAR pilots as there are FAA percentage wise.

And I don't have a problem at all with a bi-lateral 1 for 1 agreement on the FCL side of things. But with 12 month IR checks on multi engined aircraft.

The thing I argue about is that it is going to happen whatever people think and say about legal cases etc etc.

The reason why I don't think any thing will happen is two fold. They won't want to give a 1 to 1 with the licenses. And that will be very hard to get a compromise.

The second reason if they do compromise is that all the changes are going to be lumped in with a deal on annex 7 rights. Now even if they do get this sort once it gets into the realms of senate and the like the american lobbyists will have already kicked into gear. The none transatlantic airlines will not want annnex 7 rights for european carriers or for that matter any none american carrier and will try and scupper it.

If they did a seperate FCL/Engineering bi-lateral they might have a chance of getting it through, but only a small chance if the shall we say more nationalistic politicians don't get a wiff that america had to compromise in any shape or form. If they do it will crash as well. Add in annex 7 and its going to have a very rough trip through senate which I don't think it will survive. The FAA and EASA may be both all in favour with the deal but it won't get past.

To be honest there is nothing in it for the amercians to keep the european N scene going. Why should they compromise?

PS I might have got my annex 7 and annex 9 muddled up.

Last edited by mad_jock; 23rd Apr 2012 at 19:10.