PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 17:09
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing I am sure of is that what we have on the plate now will not be what we have on the plate by 2014.
Reasons for that?

One my contact on the EASA negotiating team advices me to do nothing re licence conversion.

The FAA are putting Big names into negotiations in June and both sides are active in adding a FCL Bi Lateral to the existing Bi lateral signed up months back.

What will that Bi Lateral Be? I am equally sure it will NOT be give me your licence here is mine ;(

Should all that hit a brick wall EASA are still faced with Laws which they know are flawed (fact)and will not take testing in the EC courts.

If they still want the existing to work they will have to make some pretty big allowances or scrap the whole dual licencing thing.

The sad fact is that EASA had a chance of bringing both systems much closer than they are now but inisted on clinging onto a complex and expensive way.
They could have copied the FAA system with a few changes and saved the tax payers a fortune but instead have regulated to strangle the industry.
There is No evidence that Pilots trained in Europe are any better than those trained under the FAA system so why?
Partly the eastern influence of control and wanting people to fly in people carriers not GA. That part AOC OPS have missed EASA are not their friend either.

But lets give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they really are true to their word before part 2 the courts!

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 23rd Apr 2012 at 17:19.