PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 diverted to CWL
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2002, 10:30
MOL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737 diverted to CWL

Icepack -
I think the point is whether there was disorder. All reports this morning from passengers are stating that there was not.
If somebody smoked in the toilet, I presume the aircraft is not immediately diverted - am I correct? From what I can gather the idiot should be dealt with on landing at the destination - in this case Glasgow. The 'riotous behaviour' from all the reports I have heard involved raised voices at the stupid idiot who smoked - from other passengers. It cannot be that all the passengers on board are wrong on this and surely an internal company inquiry should now take place and the result publicised.
I will agree, however, that the captain may have been misinformed as to the situation and reacted in the correct way - from his point of view.
I think it is only fair to listen to the views of the passengers as well in all this and from what I can hear the accounts given to the police from the passengers do not tally with that given by the cabin crew. We shall see as the media are now beginning to give the other side and the company involved have had to issue a statement this morning.