PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 10:34
Super Stall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benip,

You are obviously very angry and rightly so regarding pensions etc., but on a couple of threads you now appear to be lashing out randomly in every direction.

Over the last few years the BACC have in fact been incredibly innovative in finding solutions to the problems we've had at BA (pension's and work coverage are just two). They have also been very succesfull at squeezing money out of BA where previously there was said to be none.

WITHOUT A DOUBT a combined proposal from the CC's would have elicited more money, more harmony, better T's & C's and quite possibly (as it remains to be seen) more jobs from BA/IAG. There is no 'smugness' from anybody on the BA side just an awful lot of frustration towards the 'we know better' BMIcc.

Unsurprisingly you are now going to get a few 'I told you so's' but by God there were enough people screaming on here for the BMIcc to be reasonable, only to be shouted down by the DOJ crowd.

The company you worked for now no longer exists.
It was bankrupt.
It has been rescued by IAG.

None of this is the fault of IAG, BA, Balpa, BAcc or indeed poor Hand Solo, so I would redirect your fury to where it is deserved.

I'm sorry if this sticks in your throat but if you're not careful it's going to eat you from the inside out and make you miserable for the rest of your life.
Fight the pension issue but for the rest, it's time to move on.

Last edited by Super Stall; 23rd Apr 2012 at 13:19.