PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 08:12
Asphalt_Jungle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highfly101

No, we currently do not have scheduled breaks during turn arounds to get off and purchase food. Our break time is when we are flying after service and rubbish collection. Sometimes our flight schedule does alow us a little time to grab something from the terminal but that's more of a treat.

It's hardly slave labour. I find my job very rewarding. Although, it isn't for every one. Yes, there will be times when you are on your feet for 12hrs. Yes, there are times when your plans are interrupted due to delays and changes. Yes, there will be times when you work 6 days in a row with little more than minimum rest.
But gladly, I can still safely say, I LOVE MY JOB
They have policies and procedures in place to protect us and our health. But it is also our job to keep an eye on it too.

As for: Illegally not paying during training. Do you really think they would get away with that? Especially after the grounding. Successful ground school students are given a cheque on graduation day. I won't lie, it isn't a lot, but it was enough for me to live on and I do not live at home with my family.

I hope the information I have given you was useful. I also hope that it has helped you to become a little more positive towards Tiger and their requirement and training process.