PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lectures given by Apollo astronauts in UK.
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 19:44
cyflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would certainly go if I was in the UK
ditto here. These are fascinating people. Certainly a privalage to hear them talk. I attended a talk by Neil Armstrong in 2000, and yes it was awe inspiring.

I'm slightly surprised by the limited response to this
. The talk by Neil Armstrong that I attended was free, here in Cyprus. What they are charging now, 60pounds, then 20pounds for a photo, but will NOT autograph the photos, God knows how much to autograph the book etc, not surprising that people are not rushing to the ticket office. This has become too money oriented. I mean, fancy pre-stating that, I will not sign photos, I will not sign books for free ! These people are heroes to so many, and the dream of an autograph is shot down in flames before they've even met their hero. I can understand personalities not signing multiple autographs to a person (selling on ebay by collectors) but a one-off to each fan is inexusable.

If you want to hear these moon astronauts talking about their experiences on the moon present day, I thoroughly recommend the dvd "In the shadow of the moon" Its absolutely fascinating.

In The Shadow Of The Moon [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: David Sington, John Young, Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins: Film & TV In The Shadow Of The Moon [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: David Sington, John Young, Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins: Film & TV