PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air controller during emergency landing: 'I know that's BS'
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 19:38
doubtfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone really really think that after declaring an "emergency" or a "mayday", that there is a need to ask for "roll the trucks" or "request emergency services". As soon as ATC hear those words they push a little red button connected to the fire station and before you can finish your R/T those guys put down their volley ball, car wash bucket etc and jump into their shiny fire engines to meet you. Can we PLEASE put that one to bed.

Mr Sick Dog. After reading many of your posts I have decided you do not really have anything positive to say. You just enjoy belittling and insulting others. Both your diction and syntax seem to come from some hollywood interpretation of aviation. You go out of your way to speak gobbledegook instead of plain english, or plain american. I have heard banner towers up and down Myrtle Beach sound more professional. Are you indeed a commercial airliner pilot at all? "fun chicks don`t care about radio telephony" " When we fly overseas and adhere to ICAO-standard R/T, it makes us feel all nerdy inside." and my favourite "the cooler you sound, the better you fly" Please do us all a favour and go back to your microsoft flightsim. No offence.