PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 19:20
M-ONGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember people...

Speaking as a tp/jet pilot that has been licenced for 20 years both CAA and FAA (with other validations) there is no difference between an experienced FAA pilot or an experienced JAA/CAA pilot. It's the lower timed FAA pilots that lack the knowledge of the JAA but perhaps they would not be in the seats of foreign reg TP's or Bizjets in the first place without a fair few hours of experience. Low timed JAA pilots with 200 hours are driving electric jets (you know, the ones MJ is too old to operate and never will which may explain his hang up why he's stuck on a light aircraft such as a jetstream ) every day safely, the FAA writtens lack the in depth detail that European exams do but generally experience makes up for that by the time the pilots get to serious machinery. I feel so much safer in the knowledge that my weather radar operates at 9.375 ghz and DME utilises PON though. Hyperbolic navigation has really stood me in good stead, as has the properties of Mercator charts and other shyte.

MJ, I understand where your coming from with your FD banter. That does not make it unprofessional or unsafe, I do believe you may relax some newbie FO's with it, infact. I however also believe you are not making your point very well here.