PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 17:58
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gosh... been away for a few days and what do I find? Mad Jock spouting diatribe which is astonishing even by his normal standards

He claims to have 4000 hours on turboprops of some sort. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who were forced to share a cockpit with this aggressive, bitter, jealous and poorly informed "pilot" who no doubt spouts the same bollox in the cockpit as he does here (people never really change).

One would have hoped that CRM would have weeded out those types not long after this. That's probably why he spends so much time on here.

Visited Aero 2012 at Friedrichshafen yesterday in a private N Reg Uk based turboprop single. We picked another pax in Germany en route.
I came across an EASA Stand in one of the exhibition halls and made a visit,
I asked one of the half a dozen or so suited gentlemen for some advice and information on the pilot license changes with reference to Third country licensing.
I was given a one page handout pretty much the same as received from our CAA.
I asked him as I had flown through France Belgium Germany en route ,which countries had delayed implementation of the Regulation on Aircrew. All he would confirm was that Gemany had delayed for one year but did not know about the other countries and if I was legal or not!! Information would be published in the coming months. I commented that was no help to me flying today, but was fobbed of with a smile and apologies that his English was not so good.
Lots of glossy brochures, one about fallout from Volcanic clouds but no concrete information from the masters of this mess.
That made me smile. I've just got back from there (FL200 most of the way and dodging buildups at -34C; takes me 40 mins to get there ) and yes EASA had a right bunch of pillocks on their stand. Young (mostly) and looking extremely smart. I walked up to one of them and suggested that they have the word "safety" everywhere but actually EASA is nothing to do with safety, it has done close to NOTHING for GA, and all we have got here is a politically motivated agenda run as a private project of a few individuals. The chap agreed (what else; that is always the correct procedure anyway) but the others looked pretty alarmed. They are obviously well aware of the comments which they had to listen to many times during the show. This chap suggested that the problem is really caused by EASA having pushed this into law but without any implementing rules having been worked out. Well, that's true for sure... It stinks.
You've had a few pints, haven't you ? Either that or a poor education. Do you really know anything about aircraft insurance ? A likely further spouting of your lack of knowledge and poor spelling. I had actually written a detailed response in relation to aircraft insurance but deleted it as it would be lost on you.
Actually I think all of the above is close to the mark. No wonder the man is so bitter over those who have done more than he has.