PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 diverted to CWL
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2002, 00:18
Earthmover

Humus Motor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOL, Look, I don't want to get into one of the slanging matches that go on here so often, neither do I want to be 'insulting' - but people have to realise that there is no such thing as 'over-reacting' to any threat - or potential threat - on an airliner. You may think an incident is 'minor', but we don't - and neither does the legislation. As the events of last year showed, airliners are very, very vulnerable and the law of the air now takes any unruliness, abuse or threat terribly seriously. You probably haven't, as I have, been encased in an aluminium tube with a bunch of really nasty individuals, bent on making life hell for all on board. I include in my description of 'brainless oiks' (for which I don't apologise) a group of medical Doctors on a weekend spree who, to the utter shame of their profession, sexually harrassed the Cabin Crew, petrified the other passengers and junked the interior of our aircraft - it cost £3000 to restore. (They had to find their own way home by sea - no other carrier would take them)

Flying is a serious business - we have moved into a new era where if people want to fly, then they must behave properly or go to jail. We won't tolerate safety being compromised in any way whatever - end of story.