PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 13:26
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mad jock

You really are missing the point ! N reg is a very long and established legal practice in Europe where many have invested a lot of time and money,
There is a whole industry grown around them.
In. Free society it is normal to beat the competition by offering something better, cheaper and more attractive. EASA could have done that ? But no they use the old Russia tactics of beating and cheating people into submission.

EASA have not only a legal but moral obligation if they now want to change things to do so which is at least is minimally damaging in time and money to those involved.

Grandfather rights. Difference exam etc !
There is no sensible or practical reason why I as a N reg Captain should have to sits six months of ground studies to do what I already do!

May I add exams full of irrelevant rubbish.

Differences exam maybe ( air law)

You are wrong ! If I take six months off on ground studied do you think my job would still be there when I came back?
I am sorry but EASA are fully aware that they are on very sticky wickets with EU law if it goes to court!
I can assure you it will if the bi lateral comes to nothing which I am equally assured it won't !

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 22nd Apr 2012 at 13:36.