PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 11:51
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The N reg arn't allowed to be owned by someone thats not resident in the US. So they pay a company to hold the plane in trust on there behalf. The US company is allowed to own the aircraft in the US.

They wouldn't be allowed to own it under their own name if resident in the EU. So they use the loophole to be able to have the N reg.

I have never heard of a UK pilot ever getting there licnese suspended there have been cases of folk loosing medicals for metal health reasosns.

There have also been cases when folk have agreed to hand in there licenses to reduce the penalties in court but I have never heard of anyones license being suspend or removed. And in all honest in some cases it is deserved. Maybe the slightly crazy vet Maurise Kirk i think his name is, has had his license suspended but thats the only one I can think might have.

In europe they they tend to fine the **** out of you or the company for any breaches locally and keep the aircraft until its all sorted out. You have to be taken to court and be sentenced for any penalties apply. I belive the FAA can decide punishments etc without having the case go before a legal type.

The airbus at Brum that flew for 10 miles at NPA mins then eventually landed after using the wrong DME is an example. Crew legged it on the next flight out and it sat there for weeks with the AAIB investigating.

Last edited by mad_jock; 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:07.