PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 11:32
NuName

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mad_jock, you have my attention now, I obviously need educating and you would seem to be the best guy to do it.
Can you explain to me just what the "Delaware loophole" is, and what advantages can be had, maybe I'm missing out on something. Especially as I fly the "M".

I don't know what experiences you quote from but I have witnessed a FAA licenced pilot have his ticket suspended for a year for a violation incurred in the Middle East. To find a pilot of a particular flight is the easiest thing in the world, were it not, the international freedoms we enjoy would simply not exist. Deportation is a bit extreme, what kind of violation did you have in mind for this? Licence suspension or revoked would seem to work well enough in most cases.

Aviation by its very nature is an international activity, there will always be foreign aircraft with foreign pilots around, to make some arbitrary reg's about what constitutes being based or resident in Europe is a load of baloney and everyone knows it. Freedom means less regulation not more.