PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SunExpress
Thread: SunExpress
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 11:02
Checkyourduty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some info

Hi Guys … Just a few points here (very quickly)!

We are not in Europe here.

It means different FDT: 1000h/Year and up to 14H duty/Day (and pilots are really doing this)

Minimum off days per month: 7 (2 X 2 days in a row plus 3 single days) … So forget about the commuting unless it is specified in your contract! They are only offering a commuting contract if you are willing to be based where not even the Turkish pilots wanna go!

There is this in the contract: “The Parties hereby agree andaccept that in the event the Contract is terminated by either Party on thegrounds of unjust cause, the said Party shall pay the other Party a penalty feeto the amount equal to the aggregate of the wage of the Employee for thenon-performed duration of the Contract.” … So be careful what you are signing!

The flat rate is 85h. The hours in excess of this are paid at60% … Scandalous! This is why we flying 110h/Month or 300h/3 months!

During the summer, your roster is constantly changing!

Your monthly roster is published very late (something like the 29th)

Your annual leave is only confirmed the month before (how can you book holidays in those conditions?)!

International school cost about 900€/Month per child and the company doesn’t pay a penny for this.

Language issues with the airport handling staff … Safety issues during push back (not SXS staff).

Now the good points:

Living in Turkey is not bad: good weather, fresh food and friendly people. As I said, the only issue is the language (and maybe the way they are driving J).

A shuttle is prearranged to pick you up at home for everyduty (great especially as an expat).

The company is quite organized and the staff is very friendly. The management is quite human and the door is always open to discuss aboutyour problem (I did not say they will solve it J).

They have a lot of respect for the captain: You will neverhave to justify yourself about fuel, diversion, …

Just my 2 cents … Hope it helps!