PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fun police operate across the board....
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 10:51
El Grifo

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
20 odd years ago, when I lived in the village of Maxton in the Scottish Borders, a Sea King dropped into the front lawn of the big Country House along the road. I wandered along with my camera to be met by several occupants of the house and a couple of crew. They were obviously going up for a jolly.
I said take me along and I will get some nice shots of the estate. Hop aboard they said. I was hooked up with a harness and headphones and sat throughout the 30 min trip at the edge of the open door. Third best seat in the house I reckoned !!

After some fantastic low level stuff and high speed pull-ups, we crept along behind a guy in a combine, who only knew we were there when the straw started whirling up all around his machine.
Poor guy almost crapped himself when he looked up and saw the clattering monster 20 feet above him ! He loved the subsequent snaps though !

The crew had been on exercise at nearby Otterburn and dropped in to see the pilots mother in law, who was lady in waiting to Diana, different rules clearly applied in that case though