PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 10:10
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NuName
I really feel for the guy's who could loose their livelihood due to the new reg's.
why? all they have to do is follow the regulations being required for the country they are working in. If that means doing some exams, then that's the way it is!

Oh, and I read here because I find the discussion quite entertaining actually...

Pace
N Reg has without any doubt become established practice in Europe being domiciled here for longer than the EU has been in existence.
Over all those many many years people have found work around N reg in Europe others have purchased aircraft and licences and all within perfect law and rights.
were you able to fly N regs in Eastern Europe before the iron curtain fell? surely not. Now they are "westernised" and they have new regulations, often based on what other countries already had in affect. I'm sure you can still not operate pure N reg aircraft commercially, or perhaps even privately, in Russia or many other countries. Europe has been very lenient so far!

And I remember the FAA, back in the 1980's and 90's trying to "force" N-reg owners to have the aircraft spend maximum 6 months outside of the USA! The FAA wanted that, not the European's. Who knows, perhaps it hit the books yet has been overlooked all these years.