PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 09:38
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of Course EASA has a right to control its airspace and the aircraft and pilots in it but that is NOT the argument.

If N reg was a fairly new practice which EASA had discovered and was trying to plug fair dues.
In certainly UK law established legal practice becomes protected in law itself.
If you pinch a piece of field and extend your garden into it after a period of time as a garden it becomes a garden in law not a field and so on.

N Reg has without any doubt become established practice in Europe being domiciled here for longer than the EU has been in existence.
Over all those many many years people have found work around N reg in Europe others have purchased aircraft and licences and all within perfect law and rights.

EASA have moral obligations to those people and their livelihoods as European Citizens as well as to insure that anything EASA now does makes as little damage to those people in cost of money, Time, inconvenience and most certainly NOT at the cost of someones job.

As far as EU law goes if EASA bring in any regulations which will remove my rights for work they are breaking existing protection laws.
Its no good saying take six months off my work would no longer exist.
Maybe I am not a good home studier and need to be in a full time study course.
Why should such a conversion cost me money???
If I am a pilot with only a few years to retirement how will I claw those costs back in the time I have left compared to a young pilot?

That lot is just a taste and EASA know they have problems so lets see what happens

Pace