PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2012, 22:15
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness, care to give examples of this "willy nilly" cancelling?? I notice you are based in London so how often do you actually fly with BE to IOM?

If an airline operates a route 4 times a day a tech fault, weather, ATC delays whatever may mean more disruption than an airline operating once a day. It is customer perception and not at all realistic when considering the size of the operation.

For those that think EZY moving on to the rock is a good idea, lets put it in to perspective. These are not exact as some of the 'daily' services dont include weekends but I am just trying to give an example of BEs network from IOM.

BHX - 2 x daily
LPL - 4 x daily
LGW - 4 x daily
LTN - 5 x weekly
MAN - 5 x daily
EDI - daily (Loganair)
GLA - daily (Loganair)
NWI - 1 x weekly (Loganair)
BRS - 3 x weekly (summer)
JER - weekly (summer)
PMI, IBZ, MAH - Summer Charters
GVA - 1 x weekly (winter)

Why is it that Flybe are continually criticised? Their fares are reasonable if booked in advance. Try booking a last minute flight with EasyJet or Ryanair and see what cheap fares are available. BE service is good, with lounges and a FFP.

I do not understand why this airline which came in and took over a number of routes from previously failing carriers, securing local jobs for local residents still have such a negative following on here. 2007 was a bad year following BAcon acquisition because of old crappy planes acquired and some crew that moved across with oversized egos. These have been rectified so can we try and see the positives???

I am not interested in this turning in to an argument. I am more than aware of a select few who gang together on this forum. But it is getting boring now listening to the same old tripe being typed on here by 'aviation professionals'