PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA PILOT SCALE
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2012, 17:33
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add some perspective here. All this chat about the pay point system is boring. I have just completed year 1 in BA and let me tell you it is a world away from previous companies.
Lifestyle has been mentioned on here over and over but it really is the key. I spent 7 years flying the charter side of this job before BA and here is my view on life: I bid for a roster of work which means I can choose on a monthly basis whether time off or money is more important for that month; I have more annual leave than ever before with the associated staff travel; I have a great route network (not the best in BA) but I like it; a stable roster which has not changed, once published, in a year; transport and hotels are always booked and waiting; an aspirational bid every year should I wish to change fleet/lifestyle; an average of between 12-15 days off/month and that is with a first year total of 650 hours. These are just some!
All I can say is the pay is good and the benefits are great. There are a lot of people getting angry and vocal about all of the negatives but a lot of us have experienced the other side and it is MUCH better.