PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which is the best helicopter for training?
Old 13th Dec 2002, 18:56
SFIM

and my $0.02 as everyone else is,

I get fed up of hearing the same old crap about the R22, yes it has got characteristics, but then every a/c does.

it is all very well for people to say the Bell 47 is better, i am sure it is but it is also much more expensive.

I would never have become a pilot if it wasnt for the R22, to old to be trained by HM forces, I had to pay the whole damm thing myself and as you all know it was not cheap.

as long as you reach the standards required why does it matter if it is less stable etc etc, the training should account for it.

I have more than 1000 hours as an instructor on robinsons and still like them, so what if they are underpowered, you learn better power management.

I would not agree that if you can fly the R22 you can fly anything, but you have demonstrated you can cope with a/c that have interesting "characteristics".

I am tired of snobbery exhibited by people who were trained at someone elses expense. (HM forces).

self improvers exhibit great determination and then get critiscised for the a/c they trained on.

the whole process of making a succesful career in helicopter aviation is difficult enough with trying to make it even more unobtainable for the wannabe

end of rant, fire away !