PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2012, 11:20
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advertising on 96FM is easy - how much hard work does that take? I venture not much and yet it may be perceived as doing one's little bit.

I am sorry but I must disagree with Brian and Copenhagen - I do think Dublin's new Terminal, T2, is a factor in Cork not being able realise some new business. Cork and Dublin are both DAA managed and it seems to me that Cork now counts for so little and as long as the slightest new business can be drawn in to Dublin to make them look good and have full terminals, full shops, full car parks of vehicles from Cork the provinces, full hotels etc the agenda is satisfied and stuff Cork and for that matter, snn.

It seems to me that the DAA and Dublin want it all for themselves and a dumbed down Cork suits the purpose.

The best airport in Ireland and the best regional airport in Europe means little if new business, even if seasonal only, cannot be realised if it seems as above Cork is all ready handicapped by having at least one of it's hands tied behind it's back. Also, there must be a reality check here - John Smyth has now been gone from Cork Airport a few years and it is up to the folk there now to get on with the job and the best of luck to them at it too and if some help is needed that is fine - get themselves surrounded by other people who know the business to help.

What Cork needs a little less of is where a particular yellow line is drawn or where a double red line is drawn if it means Cork losing some new business even if it might only be an occasional diversion flight coming across the Atlantic.