PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop moaning and P2F or get out
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2012, 03:07
Learjet-45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stop moaning and P2F or get out

I am sick of hearing all these sob storys of people waiting years and not getting an interview and that all the money they invested is wasted, its quite simple really if your not prepared to P2F or buy a type rating then you should never have started in the 1st place.

this industry is for the rich, and if you do not fall under this status then dont bother trying because you will just be another person on PPRUNE moaning about how its so hard and that you give up and cant get a job.

the truth hurts but this is the way it is, and it really upsets me when I hear of all the sacrifices people have made to get entry level qualifications but cant afford to go any further.

the hopes and dreams of flying a Boeing or Airbus are just that dreams, the reality is that it does get quite boaring after a few months.

this may sound harsh on the people in the boat of MECIR with no type ratings but I am affraid to say that everything i write is true.

The purpose of this post is that perhaps a few people who are thinking of getting in to aviation realise what they are up against and they re-consider before reuining there life's with lack of money and frustration.

to make it all the way you need at a very minimum
ATPL with high pass marks and no re-sit's
MECIR with at least 1 renewal
TR either 737 or 320
P2F 500 hours on type
lots of private multi time
total investment 180,000

giving you around 1,000 hours and 500 hours on type rating going in to your first interview and maybe just maybe you may have a chance