PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The positive side of EASA. But - a question as well.
Old 20th Apr 2012, 23:53
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA have nothing to do with safety and all to do with politics and hidden agenda.

Just look at the stupid EIR. Anyone who flies IFR across Europe will know that reality is far from the truth to office bound regulators.

An example I left South East UK in good VMC albeit in a jet!

Crossing into France we were way on top of solid cloud. Tops were thousands of feet below probably around the 10K mark.
Passing Dinard we checked a few airfields. 200 overcast 700 vis.
The same with Nantes A!

I was thinking of the EIR and the poor sod banging along just on top at 10K!

His Donkey quits, He has a major failure in his machine or himself which requires an instant landing! 200 overcast and 700 vis???

That is not even looking at a descent in VMC at or near destination. Weather really is not that compliant and your TAFS are not always so compliant either, neither are forecast winds! I have had a forecast 30kt tailwind turn out as a 50 kt headwind!! Short on fuel where are you going to go on your 500 mile on top trip to the VMC let down at destination? Especially if the airfields below are way down weather wise.

Those who look to EASA for positives sound like women married to abusive and agressive spouses who make excuses for their behavior! They say" really he is quite nice on the rare occasion that he is not drunk and I probably deserve the beatings". That is the reality of what I have so I better be greatfull and accept rubbish.

EASA Exterminate Aviators Strangle Aviation

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 21st Apr 2012 at 00:13.