PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Load Control
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 22:33
getjetsetgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There really is nothing wrong with someone who has never seen an aircraft performing weight and balance as long as the proper training is available. However someone who has seen an aircraft's hold and has interacted with loaders to know how best certain hold configurations can work is at a better advantage. I have worked in both situations where I was the agent performing the load control function at the airport as well as performing the function for another station during ad hoc periods and at the receiving end of an out station working under the CLC model. Due to the fact that CLC is during multitude of flights at the same time they do the out stations a slight disservice as they will dispatch documents with minimal review. Especially when your airline is running dual cargo and passenger service. Quite often you have to call back to indicate that the hold version used cannot work. Or in the interest of time experienced ground personnel at the station will make the adjustment and inform the load control before departure. A load controller with enough experience and familiarity with both the aircraft and the routes that the aircraft fly will know to anticipate certain things at certain times of year. I have had the case where the load controller calls to say that we need to reload the entire plane for trim.it was realized that the issue arose due to him loading the aircraft at the previous station with just the intention of having the ideal trim in mind. He not being familiar with the route and the fact that the aircraft was flying just an hour to the next station for a short hour and ten minute turn before the long haul leg of the flight. These are situations that occur under CLC system that leave u wondering about who is working your flight. They teach them to perform the function according to a set plan but not to really understand why each step of the plan is there and how to really trouble shoot should a mistake happen. CLC is here to stay. So it's for those of us who actually work around the aircraft to keep on top of things.