PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737CL Type rating issue
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 21:59
cerealkiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737CL Type rating issue

Hi all,
I recently completed a type rating for 737-300/400/500 and sent all the paperwork to the UK CAA.
When I finally received my new licence I noticed something strange: on the flight crew licence, in table XII 'Ratings to be revalidated' is correctly written 'B737 300-900', but on the 'Certificate of revalidation' I only have 'B737-500 series/IR'.
I called the CAA, since I'm supposed to work on a 300, and asked them about this. They said it is due to their system: since I completed the training on a 737-500 sim (actually it was approved for 300/400/500 and my base training was on the 300) they can only put that on the certificate of revalidation.
To fly the 300 I need a differences course (never heard of it in this case) from the operation and to be endorsed on the logbook, but I don't need to send anything to the UK CAA.
Anyone has info or had the same issue? I'm really confused and at the moment I'm not flying since my company doesn't know how to deal with this, being the first time that they face this issue. It's a JAA company, but not from UK.
Thanks a lot for your help.