PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 20th Apr 2012, 19:38
Erwin Schroedinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no pensions expert, but something isn't right here.

Lufty owned the bmi group of companies and, even if there was any previous doubt, today's confirmed sale minus the pension scheme placed the ball very firmly in their court. I've tried to work out how Lufty aren't entirely responsible for supporting a normal continuation of the pension scheme and there have been some excellent posts on this thread, but I'm still unconvinced that recent decisions are correct.

I'm mainly posting to suggest that, although participating and viewing on PPRuNe helps to share knowledge, etc., it doesn't influence the key people making the pension scheme decisions. All involved employees must raise their doubts and questions with the Trustees.

Any BALPA memeber must ensure that the recent positive statements from head office aren't allowed to wither, as so many BALPA efforts all too frequently do.

Give the Trustees some stick and keep telling BALPA that you support their efforts.

As for the recent thread drift, may I suggest Jet Blast and a title 'How does one go about buying an honourary degree and a New Year's honour?'. Not that I'm implying anything regarding the poster or his subject, you understand. As if I would.