PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The positive side of EASA. But - a question as well.
Old 20th Apr 2012, 16:27
ppl_fresher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that those of us in the UK with an IMC have the most to gain from the EIR - I'm sure there will be quite a few people queuing up to get the piece of paper as soon as it's available (at a guess, at least a hundred in the first year - is there even that much training capacity around?).

Over the next year or so, I would hope that at least a couple of schools in the UK will start canvassing for demand and figuring out what the outline of a course would look like. The ideal would be for some group like PPLIR to get together with a couple schools that are interested and hash out a training manual for people with a current IMC.

Some people will be horrified at this 'inflation' of the IMC - taking at far beyond the "get out of trouble" rating that it is sold as: my view is that an ability to fly more of a route higher, above more weather and under positive radar control simply makes it an even more useful safety tool.

Genghis and I can't be the only ones on here looking forward to the EIR..