PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £660
Thread: £660
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 16:27
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[pedant warning]

There is a difference between "insurance" (events or objects, for example) and "assurance" (people's lives)!

[/pedant warning]
To pedant you back (if it can be a verb) and more - life insurance is a commonly used term, whether correct or not. Although I have never seen policies for people less than 18.

Insurance probably excludes pre existing conditions and if it is known that oxygen will be required then it would not be covered by insurance, which is intended for protection against the unexpected and not a provision for a racing certainty
You can get cover for pre-existing, they just woof the premiums up. You slice the extreme likelihood of something happen by dividing it by only taking the trip for a short period of time.

Thus even an event with a probability of 50% to occur within a year becomes 1% within the next week (roughly).

Could anyone comment on the procedure for a divert in this case, and who pays? If it happened, would KLM claim the costs against the insurance policy?

and got a short internal flight... Thomson provide it free of charge.....
Quite a variety of providers for that hop, a challenge if any flight is late at the best of times, but let's say they went this way.

Some aircraft doing this are small and unpressurised. The only comparable machine I've been on is the twotter, and I think getting anything other than yourself into those seats is going to be a struggle. Could anyone comment?

Also, not (directly) relevant to this case, but I'm confused:

Aruba is one of the four constituent countries that form the Kingdom of the Netherlands, together with the Netherlands, Curaçao, and Sint Maarten whose citizens share a single nationality: Dutch citizen.
In which case, why is SXM not a domestic destination from AMS, and why is there immigration for arrivals from CDG / ORY? Surely if one is a Dutch citizen, one is a European citizen and therefore these airports are part of the Schengen zone.

And if so, then the capital of Curacao is Amsterdam, and APD for this journey should be £12 per head. Heartless UK government!