PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 14:18
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX

JonEMA - Cheers for the link, I have e-mailed them to see if they can save me some time.

GayFriendly - Ryanair Modlin was a shock, definitely expecting BHX.

I flew easyjet (Swiss) GVA - BHX one August and it was originally listed as daily but it did drop to four weekly and was packed but still a decent service provided, so Belfast is not the first all-year-round route.

Would loved to have been in on the meeting when BFS-BHX was decided

BHX-FRA Still showing as BMI through next winter but I assume will change in due course

kasuga

Well EMA can't keep two aircraft occupied in winter in a market now even more swamped with the likes of Jet2 etc so putting BHX's aircraft there as well seems like madness. However you only have to look at Thomas Cook's financials to show that any crazy idea is possible.

Even if BMI Baby was closed it would hardly help Thomas Cook in winter but consolidating on one Midlands airport might make financial sense as long as you choose the right airport.

Closing BHX and not increasing EMA by much might be an option but you risk just handing the competition the year-round market.

Swiss - Drops to two daily from Monday until 7 May but then the afternoon operates off and on until 15 June. This has happened at least once before in the past and again it was the lunchtime service that was affected. However this is an improvement as the whole period between 23/4 and 15/6 was affected originally.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 21st Apr 2012 at 16:38.