PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 12:16
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say, wait until the BHX runway extension is completed and see the balance of power, long haul ITX wise, gravitate westwards!
I think that this could be (assuming the long haul IT market stays fairly resilient) where the BHX runway extension comes into its own. Someone pointed out on another thread that the 787 can't operate non stop with a full load from BHX on present runway length. Hopefully it is a case that TOM will introduce it when it will be worth doing so - interesting to see that BRS is also not going to see the 787 for a while, another runway restricted airport.

But I'm not sure it is the first all year service. If my memory serves me well I'm sure the GVA-BHX winter service was operated through the summer only 3/4 years ago
Yes I think you're right it certainly operated for a couple of summers, daily I think? Perhaps a freudian slip on the part of the EZY PR team indicating that BHX-GVA was never intended to be a permanent year round operation when it started?!

Does that give a hint as to which of the majors might being diving in at BHX, should the worst happen with Baby?
I sincerely hope so if the worst does happen. Interesting to see on the LPL thread that both FR and EZY are making cuts there this summer allegedly in favour of MAN, is the wheel turning full circle? I think that given the right deal back in the day EZY would have plumped for BHX over EMA, it was all down to cost and the need to offer £1 flights, with those days gone thanks to APD, fuel costs etc perhaps BHX is now in with a chance with EZY?