PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 10:59
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose

Yes my motives do smack of petulance I admit it!

The FAA and transport Canada have a Bi Lateral agreement which involves one exam to convert one to the other and that seems to work well yet Canada is closer to Europe on its training structures.
I fly as a Captain on Citations and have done so for several organisations so I am petulant about studying 14 exams full of irrelevant material to do what I am already doing.
Air Law? Yes !! European airspace is different and there is total justification in sitting that exam or even a differences exam but 14 exams? That does not sit right in my mind.
If I have to do it I have to do it but the advice I have recieved from someone in the EASA negotiating team tells me to do nothing at least for the remainder of this year.
If I was in my early 40s absolutely as EASA would open more doors working for AOC Ops but late 50s? An EASA Licence will bring me nothing positive workwise so I have to look at the least painful route to maintain what I am doing and have been doing.
Flight test??I have never failed one in my life and that is of no concern and yes I would qualify for an EASA ATP.

You have to remember that we as FAA licensed pilots are the victims. N reg is not a new thing having been accepted practice with Europe for far longer than the EU has been in existence. Surely there must be some moral obligation to maintain those pilots rights to continue their work.

Mad Jock
Which is what I think one of the counter arguments would be if it ever goes to court.
No that would not be an argument as EC law covers Europe and people rights to employment in Europe not outer Mongolia

The sad thing is that some of the biggest opponent to FAA Licences are people who have never sat 14 exams and who obtained their JAA licences by jumping through loopholes with FAA licences in the past!

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 20th Apr 2012 at 11:16.