PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard to find pilots?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 07:55
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2992 you are correct when talking about the "lower" end of the market but that market does not really exists in the ME, or Europe, not in the same way (extent) as in the US at least.

Yes, the initial quote was from an article about the ME but the same argument is true for Europe, the CIS and Asia for the Falcon 2000 and upward size aircraft.

There are tons of qualified and experienced pilots around to fly these aircraft, but very few companies are hiring qualified pilots, they are hiring type ratings.

What you are telling us 2992 is that you are trying to do things the right way by explaining to potential owners about the involved costs before they buy a jet.

I know numerous operators in Europe and the ME that intentionally misinform potential clients about costs just to get them to sign a management contract that will be very costly and difficult to get out of. Once its signed they slowly but gradually "introduce" all the real costs involved.

The same goes for quite a few brokers who are interested in selling a jet, any jet. They don't care if it's the right jet for the client, if it's going to really do what the client wanted it to do, costs what the client had budgeted for etc etc....