PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats atcos to spain?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 07:15
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing, if you work as a waiter in a coctail bar.

and to clarify some things,
I am not against spanish atcos. Furthermore I found them very friendly and excellent colleagues. We all must confees that they did great negotiations in the past , probably no one will see anything similar in any future.
But they did mistakes,as well. Unfortunatelly there is always paying time in life.

Six years without new hires, plus If I copied correctly ,no one has been hired since 2010( when problem escalate) .
If there is around 2000 atcos in Spain,and if follow "10% rule" you are short of :
8x 200= 1600

that is the "number" of atcos that you are short. That is the reason why you have problems. 150 or 200 foreign atcos wouldn't save the problem.
It will be like glass of water at big forest fire.
Neither helpfull,nor pity.

and as you could see, problem just increasing, because of negative impacts. Average atcos' age 8 years ago was lower, than it was today.

small number of available people, makes not only operational problems but managerial ones as well.
There is no enough competition for management position, so managers becomes "idiots" ( by default not by their wish or personal inability),
there is no safety ,quality, instructors and so on. Even you aren't able to produce politician atcos who are neccessary if you want to live better. Someone must bridge the gap between operational work and money.

those are raesons for hundred of pages, pilot' compalints about poor service by system,not by particular atcos.
hope that it clarifies enough ....