PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A breath of fresh air at last. One pilots view of CRM
Old 20th Apr 2012, 05:41
Dustertoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm,
My first CRM lesson came at the age of 18 shortly after I enlisted in the US Army. I had a disagreement with a Corpral about some minor point. I was sent to the First Sergeants office later that day to face my punishment. After reporting I was asked if I knew why I was in trouble...I mention I may have been out of line when I had a differeance of opinion with the Corpral. The First Sergeant gives me a long stair and finally says...." No. You told the man to go to hell and he didn't have a smile on his face." I thought that was the craziest thing I ever heard at 18 and as I painted everything not moving and cut more grass then I care to remember for the next 30 days.... those words stayed with me...and a year later I figured it out....now we call it CRM!!!

Today in my late 40's as a Captain on a corporate aircraft I still smile as I remeber my first CRM lesson in the Army...gotta love the simple and direct classes. I suspect some of our peers need a lesson in painting and cutting the grass but the magority of us get it....we play nice with the occasional "go to hell" slipped in...we are all just human.