PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Temora at Easter - RAA + RV homecoming
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 05:33
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack,
I'll back my knowledge of the AU Act, Regulations, Orders, AIP etc against you or anybody else, any day.
Hold on old mate, not challenging you In reply to your post in the thread that was shut down. I have a common sense attitude to my flying and my day job I posted slack-arse like that so that this prudish, American website wouldn't bleep out arse, turns out it doesn't bleep out arse

Now, what is your attitude to pilots who make up their own RT and still don't deliver the required information?

Example:

'ABC taxies Birdsville for Innaminca, request traffic and code'

Required:

'ABC Aerostar, (my new favourite aeroplane) 6 POB, IFR, taxing Birdsville for Innaminca, Runway 32'

Now, in my humble opinion this: 'ABC taxies Birdsville for Innaminca, request traffic and code' is lazy, slack garbage. Who started this tripe? Some lazy bastard who couldn't be bothered looking it up in AIP. It took me 3 minutes to find it in AIP.

Why is it lazy, slack garbage? Because: The correct call is important for everybody's situational awareness. It's also important for SAR action (POB) if the unthinkable happens. If I have to request that information, it is two extra calls that are time consuming and unnecessary.

If you think this is anal and over the top, I would love for you to have been plugged in with me this morning when accurate radio calls were a must

Your opinion old fruit, you're entitled to it. And so am I. In my 26 years in aviation I think I've probably made 5 times the radio calls you have, happy days fellow aviation professional