PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority is it time to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 02:53
QueenBuzzzzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand seniority for cabin crew at all. It creates a culture of entitlement, and the have and have nots. I couldn't believe all the unwritten rules when I started. Who gets offered leftover food, who gets the best crew meal, work positions, waiting in line for our allowances, hotel rooms, seats on the bus etc etc. We all work, we all get renumeration, we all have our own reasons for doing the job, so why is someone more entitled because they've been "loyal" to the company for longer?! The same people that dislike their employer with a passion!
LHLisa, I LOVE working for a different area of our Airline. Work positions are pre allocated (great from a ep and boredom point of view), first in best dressed for food/allowances/bus seats/holiday slots etc. Rotating/unseen seniority for hotel rooms and days off, and easy trip swapping bc the majority of our trips are 3/4 days.
I would think differently if the longer in the job = promotions/pay rise etc, but as far as I'm concerned the sooner we give seniority the flick, the more cohesive our workplace will be and the happier 80% of crew will be.
And no, I'm not Gen Y!!