PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard to find pilots?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2012, 01:43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Let's see here. A G550 / GLEX / 7X is going to cost you anything from $40 - $55m, "

- That's the top end. In the US, most aircraft being bought are in the 5-20m range (used)- there is a huge sag in the market.

" that doesn't throw or give away at least $15,000 worth of catering in a week?"

- OMG! In the real world, we do not throw away $2,000 USD/day. Maybe Mr. Brunei, but not in any commercial endeavor attempting to make money.

" Believing 15 grand for recurrent is exhorbitant is the first step down the road that ends where you ask crew to share hotel rooms at expensive destinations the pax want to go to."

- No, believing "$15 grand for recurrent is expensive" is stopping many many people/corporations from buying or keeping their aircraft.

Before any others try and accuse, I help run and am chief-pilot of a 135 (AOC) in the US. I deal with the owners of the aircraft, pilots, sims, maitenance, etc.

Not only do I see the owners of leaseback aircraft scared of the initial outlay of purchase of the aircraft, but your should here what an owner's accountant thinks of $15 grand for a week training! When you have the meeting with potential owners and lay out the cost structure to operate a jet, there are usually laughs involved!

When an Oil Temp Sensor costs $2000, something is inflated. Yes, you can say it covers the cost of R & D, but that is on a mid-80's Hawker - they already recooped their money on that one!

I know I am never going to win this argument. . .