PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Sir Richard
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2012, 20:05
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Well, let's look at it this way:
  • In the early 1990s, BA stuffed Branson and he caught them out, getting full redress in court and a lesson to the world.
  • More recently, when SRB discovered that his own staff had committed gross errors, with their competitor, and exposed the airline to legal action - he owned up and proved to all remaining staff that they should do business the decent way.
  • BA were exposed for wrong doing a SECOND time and if (IF) they are 'loving' the current turn of affairs - who has done the wrong thing twice and who has done it once and owned up?
Contrast the actions of SRB with Murdochs (Snr & Jnr) of News International who spent months (years?) denying any wrong doing until the point when they are going to get dragged through the courts. Yet they STILL will not admit what they actually knew.

Also, don't forget that SRB (RB as was) had to take GTech to court in 1998 for attempted bribery and won.

I have never worked for the airline (or ANY one in this field) but I am a satisfied VS customer of 25 years and it is sad to hear people criticising a man for trying to do the right thing - as we Brits are taught.

I have no doubt that he has made mistakes and been fully in the cut and thrust of business - but IAG/BA/WW are still playing the silly insults game that boxers do (quoted by The SSK). Time for WW to grow up. Better to say nothing than to insult your competitor. I can only repeat, BA has a great product due to the FC and CC, if only their mgmt would resign and leave them to it.