PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - any significant others here who can enlighten me about life 'over there'?
Old 19th Apr 2012, 18:56
Bindair Dundat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sassy, I have to agree with Mullah here. You really have the rose colored glasses on and fail to see the full picture of the place. You are clearly living only within your small bubble of experience when you make statements that women are treated to a high regard. In actuality, a very small percentage of white and arab women may have a tolerable existance but the larger majority are living lives of servitude and abuse. For example, the number of maids that suffer abuse at the hands of their employers in the UAE is a disgrace...but perhaps they aren't "real women"?
As for medical care, there was a time many moons ago that nurses in the primary expat hospitals were recruited from places like Oz and the Uk and made a decent living, however, now they are all low wage earners from places like India that work atrocious schedules and make poor wages. Amazing nursing care...not terrible but not brilliant for any time I or my family were hospitalized which was several.
It is nice you are enjoying life there but you did not present any kind of balanced viewpoint of the place.