PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carry On Baggage - What A Mess
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2012, 17:58
riverrock83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarvy
Ok then, lastest figures for one airline over here are that 99% of hold baggage arives with the passenger. All have suffered some damage its the nature of the beast I'm afraid.
The last few times I have flown my luggage has been going round on the corousel before me.
Never in 30 years of airline travel have I had my luggage opened or anything gone missing.
Well it sounds like you are very lucky then, or Europe is just really bad.

I don't fly as much as I used to. However, my current record is a 1 in 3 chance of having no issues through Heathrow Airport - either a delay or my bag not making the flight.

I used to commute each week to Maastrict, Holland (KLM going Glasgow - Schipol - Maastrict) and I used to chase my bag around Europe. By the time it was time to go back to Holland again, my bag would just be getting to Glasgow, so the airline had to send it back to Holland... I stopped taking hold baggage after my bag didn't make the connection 3 weekends running. If everything ran ontime the connection time wasn't bad, but any delays and I could run faster than my bag through Schipol airport...

I now always travel with enough in my hand luggage to last me a couple of days at my destination.