PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - hi guys, I am so lost and need your advice about my studies and job.
Old 19th Apr 2012, 16:31
redwormslave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hi guys, I am so lost and need your advice about my studies and job.

Hi guys,

I am a flight steward in the age of early 20. I would like to pursue a pilot career, however I have several pathways ahead of me and need some advice. I am planning to go to a flight school in USA.

School of Aeronautics | Aeronautics major | Liberty University

aeronautics program in Liberty University.

It is a bachelor degree and you may finish it off in 3 years time.(if you stay in summer). You would obtain CPL and possibly APT in 3 years if you were major in it. If you only took it as a minor, you could only obtain a PPL. They will hire graduates as a flight instructor in their faculty but not a guarantee. However, as a foreign students. I am allowed to work there for only one year as a flight instructor upon graduated.

I would like to apply for Cathay pacific or Dragonair cadet program once I have a bachelor degree . I heard they have several streams of courses for cadet. standard course for PPL holders or shorter course for APT holders.

here are my questions,

1. Has anyone heard of Liberty University? Is that a good school to enroll in?

2. Should I take aeronautics as my major or minor? in another words, should I apply for the standard cadet program or shorter program?

3. would it be worthy to take a flight instructor job in USA? Would I be able to support my simple lifestyle with a flight instructor job?

Guys, thx so much!!!!!