PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carry On Baggage - What A Mess
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2012, 15:47
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jarvy,

Your statistics may well be correct. unfortunately, as I have a tendency to go to some slightly unusual places it does happen more often than one might expect. Either that or me and fellow colleagues are extremely unlucky. I remember one time in Angola for instance... Well, that is where we were going. Baggage for two of the team ended up in the USA. They had to survive six weeks in what that had for carry on baggage.

I agree totally with your rant about oversized bags. It makes it extremely difficult for those of us who do travel with correctly sized bags to get our kit in to overhead lockers. I have seen me have my bag tested for size, yet some other passenger on the same flight get on board with a bag which was as large as a case that should have gone in the hold.

Weight wise I will nearly always be within allowed weight, or will be close to it (i.e. less than 0.5 kg over); it depends upon the airlines scales. I am often asked to put my rucsack on the scales to ensure it is within limits.

Last edited by hval; 19th Apr 2012 at 15:48. Reason: Poor typing