PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2012, 13:55
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PJ2
No, there almost certainly isn't.
And you are most certainly correct, not in the FDR, in the QAR most probably but the chance we are informed some data were retrieved from the QAR would be that those data can further advance the main idea behind that last piece of mind formatting :

Still, the AP/FD vertical engagement mode trace must be one from the FDR. I am concerned we have not seen it yet, like I was concerned we have never seen the vertical acceleration trace for Perpignan ...

Originally Posted by Old Carthusian
Some prefer the yoke but remember the yoke will not necessarily guarantee safety. Given that this is the case then one cannot criticize the side stick on the grounds it is less safe. One can say I prefer the yoke because it has this factor which is important for me but that is all.
Sidesticks suppress information of GREAT value for a PNF – Did it play a role for AF447 ? – I think it did.

Originally Posted by Owain Glyndwr
The interesting finding for me was that it is not necessary to go to extreme nose down attitudes to recover
It depends at which AoA the recovery process is engaged. At 40 degrees of AoA anything short of 30 degrees of negative pitch is useless. Airline pilots are not trained to command such negative pitch especially at a time when minimum altitude loss was the most important credo.
In the meantime I must admit your graph is a bit complex for me.