PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2012, 10:57
crazydingo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is indeed a gold mine and definitely worth a read through.

But let's think of this thread like a crowded building and each page is a floor (that's a minimum of 108 floors to date). These floors aren't categorised or uniform in their distribution of information.
Now let's say, you are tasked with finding a specific piece of information on one of those floors, but you don't know which floor it is on. You're told there's a directory on the 108th floor (this 'directory' being the collective knowledge of the people contributing to this thread and an individual's ability to ask questions - just so there is no ambiguity).
Are you going to take the stairs and search each floor, or are you going to take the elevator first and ask at the directory?

Just to make things more complicated, there's always the potential to find outdated information. Asking could resolve such issues.

I have read this thread through from first to last page and I most certainly cannot remember everything, I also see the benefit in making sure that details are up to date. If people don't want to contribute then that is their prerogative, but there has recently been a negative undercurrent from a minority that has the potential to scare off newcomers who may wish to ask questions but feel discouraged by such negative comments. You may not have meant to discourage questions and I may have misinterpreted it, but this is the impression I got.

While I'm on this subject, thanks to everyone that has taken the time to share their knowledge with me (via the thread and PM) and answer my questions. I greatly appreciate it. If and when I am a pilot in the ADF, I will pass the buck down in kind

Last edited by crazydingo; 19th Apr 2012 at 12:57. Reason: Too personal - broadened the perspective