PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 19th Apr 2012, 09:09
NOODY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juan,

Firstly you've got the entire community's sympathies re your pension situation, it's a worry for all of us and your anger and concern is understood completely.

There may be some incredulity amongst BA pilots that the BMIcc is demanding so much but I've yet to encounter any resentment, that's been a one way emmotional highway from you guys. Likewise it takes some lateral thinking to imagine that your acquisition, and the hopeful employment lifeline it will bring you, is the best thing that ever happened to BA's employees!

As you should know, and its been repeated ad nausem, your not being stuck on the bottom of the MSL. Your CC may have ensured that your not even offered that option anymore. Yet again despite they now OBVIOUS INSOLVENCY of BMI there's somebody spinning a totally disingenuous line about both what they feel they are owed as an outcome of the insolvency and the responsibility that BA pilots have for the predicament that BMI pilots find themselves in. Whilst bemoaning the state of the industry your really demanding the rest of us give do you don't have to face the consequences of your career decisions. We've to many ex BMI guys at BA to not understand that many stayed in the hope you'd be handed the keys to the kingdom elsewhere. I resent not your decision or belittle the logic or the rational, but it's you who must live with the reality of the outcome.

Every BMI pilot who is lucky enough to be at BA by the end of the year will be made feel very welcome and without doubt the expansion it brings is great news for all at IAG. It's expansion we paid for and your going to get to share in. A continual harping on about your jackpot wishlist, whilst already keeping at least what you got even ignoring the added bonus of the most secure job in the uk market, meerly leaves those of us at BA feeling not resentful just mystified.

Good luck to those facing both pension and employment Armageddon. I sincerely hope that the appointment of the new MD will provide an opportunity for IAG to seek a way forward that protects your jobs.